An introduction
Tasks and activites from ndla.no
Do you think the fact that the British are islanders has had
an effect on the people and their values?
In which part of the UK would you have preferred to live?
Why?
1. Yes, I think that the fact that they are islanders, has
had an effect on them. Since the British are islanders, they are much more
independent than a country right in the middle of Europe. They figure things
out pretty much on their own.
2. I don't really have a conrete part that I prefer to live,
but if I had to choose, I would either choose England or N. Ireland. I would love to live in England
because, I've been for example in London before and it's an amazing city with
cool people, but I would also love to live in Ireland, because I've heard that
Ireland is a dynamic country with great opportunities ;)
Five important things that I've learnt today:
1. The British Isles and The British Islands are not the
same thing.
2. The name "Great Britain" is a geographic
distinction for England, Scotland and Wales + it doesn't contain Northern
Ireland.
3. The Isle of Man and the Channel Islands are (direct
dependencies of the British Crown) and are not part of the UK.
4. The highest mountain in the British Isles is Ben Nevis,
located in Scotland.
5. One of the most popular areas for walking and mountain
hiking is the Yorkshire Dales, which is an area in the Pennines.
Nincsenek megjegyzések:
Megjegyzés küldése